RETREAT PRICING & PAYMENT
Traditional writing retreats tend to keep numbers low and charge between £650 and £1,500. I know. I know.
The good news is that Black Pens is not a traditional writing retreat.
Not only will the retreat take place at an exclusive and luxury location, but running costs have been negotiated (this is a euphemism – tears, sweat blood and pleading have occurred) to keep prices as low as possible.
Tickets will go on sale Sunday, March 27th
Set your reminders!
The retreat fee includes:
Three night accommodation at Wasing Estate
Full board (excluding alcohol – although something fun is in the works)
Speaker and expert led sessions
Yoga/exercise class & other activities
The Black Pens Official Goodie Bag
The Black Pens Prompt & Plot Crafting Toolkit
Single Occupancy (en-suite bathroom)
This means you get your room/suite to yourself to focus, relax, walk around naked, and sleep diagonally on your bed. This option is perfect for the more introverted among us who require a quiet place to recharge our social batteries.
Double Occupancy (en-suite bathroom)
Travelling alone and meeting new people can be daunting! So Black Pens offers the option of a shared room (shared king or twin beds – limited availability) for you and a partner and/or friend. You may just have someone else watching while you unpack your pant.
Cost of living is flogging us all and access to the retreat is a top priority. Therefore Black Pens is offering a couple of payment options. You can:
a) Choose to pay the full price
b) Choose to pay in instalments (via deposit and final balance)
There will be 19 slots available and ticket purchase will operate on a first come, first served basis.
- When tickets are released, attendees will be given the option to choose to pay in full or in instalments
- The first 19 to reserve a space will be sent a deposit invoice
- The deposit will be £275 and must be paid within 4 hours of receipt
- If the deposit is not paid in this timeframe, the space will be released
- An invoice for the balance will be sent and must be paid latest by April 30th, 2022
What if my circumstances change and I can no longer attend?
- You will be refunded your fee with the exception of your deposit*
Do you offer scholarships?
- Black Pens is working to offer at least one fully sponsored space to students and/or those in lower socioeconomic groups. Eligibility and application will be available in due course.
* Should you cancel within a week of payment, you will be entitled to a full refund